Friday, June 24, 2011

$5k shorthanded

I think I will continue to play this one, despite the questionable EV. I mean, it makes way more sense economically to play 3 1500's or similar. But man oh man, I do get a rush playing this. 6 handed you are playing every hand-- basically you are EP one hand per orbit. Every other hand you are either HJ, CO, BTN or the blinds. So much action so many options.

My table draw was pretty good-- I didn't recognize any of the other five players which is somewhat remarkable given the field. My runbad at draws did have the most aggro guy at the table on my left. Kinda funny guy also. He raised and reraised very often the first 20 minutes or so. Each time, as he dropped the chips on the felt he said "I raise" with this somewhat hard to place mid-eastern?? accent. The guy in seat one got a bit tired of him and asked him where he was from. He answered, clear as day, "New York."

I don't play very many big pots. Trying to play small ball and chip up. I get JJ in position and 3bet and this friendly asian guy in seat 6 calls. Blinds were 50-100 and he made is 200 to go to start things off. Hmmm. Flop comes T-6-5 or something like that. The guy then barrells all three streets, with a rather large bet on the river. I did consider just folding on the flop, but wtf, how do we manage to do that with an overpair in this tourney? After he throws like 3500 out on the river I tank. He tells me "you have to call, you have pocket Jacks." Wat? sigh. I fold. Says he had set of tens. Could be.

I call a 3bet oop against aggro guy with 66. Flop comes 3 diamonds with the Ace. No more diamonds come and flop and turn are checked. He bets 75% of the pot on the river and I soulread him as FOS and call. Nope, he has A9o sigh.

I get short. I get tight. This goofball in seat 4 has 3bet shoved on me a couple times and I've folded. I pick up TT, he does it with A2 and we double. Ship it.

I get to see a family pot and 5 see the AJ4 flop when Im holding 44. Goofball bets 1200 , shortish guy in 5 calls and I have about 6000 behind. I shove. Goof folds, shortie tanks. It would be most of his chips. Sure looks like he has an ace. I feel like my hand is face up. And maybe it is cause he tanks a bit and finds a fold. Still, good hand.

After the second break goof raises to 500, asian calls and I call in the BB with K5s. Let the butchering begin! Flop comes K-J-2. The flop gets checked. First mistake. Turn is a 4. I'm pretty sure my King is good. I know it is. He bets out 1300. Blech. I just wanted to get to showdown. I call. Second mistake. River is another deuce. I like it. Takes my shitty kicker out of play. I beat all the Jacks. I lose to AK, KQ and KJ, but it just doesn't seem like that. I don't think villain has a King. Nope he doesn't. Set of 4's?? unlikely. I hate the fact that I got to this spot. Why the eff am I playing K5 in the BB anyway? Blech. Well, I have about 5500 left. Next mistake- I decide that bet/fold is betting than check/call. So I throw out some redic bet of 1675 or so. Villain tanks a bit, then shoves. Wtf? So much fail here. Ugh. Well, now I tank. Of course, calling off your tournament really sucks ass, especially in a spot just like this. Chopping this pot now seems highly likely-- villain would certainly make this move to try to get the whole pot if he thought he was going to chop. Think Steve. You lose to the big Kings. You chop most of the rest of them. You beat all the Jacks. You beat his air of course, which is always a part of range. The pot is laying me over 2-1. I need chips. I have under 20 BB's if I fold. I can work with that. But its no fun. Sick Hero calls are fun. Aren't they? All the vibrations tell me my King is good. Kings and deuces with a Jack. Yeah, ship that pot! I CALL!! and he tables Ace-Deuce! omg brutal. gg me. I'm an idiot.

No comments: