Monday, April 23, 2007

Push into the Nuts (again)

Maybe I should retitle this blog.

Typical Sunday crowd at B & M $100 tourney. Down to 14 spots, and I'm bullying my way to about 9000 in chips with blinds at 300-600. I open raise with 89s to 2000 and get called by a woman who has a big stack and hasn't played much. Flop comes A-K-6, none of my suit and I check-fold when she bets 1000 into the 6000 pot. I'm annoyed by this donkey move and I want to get her now. Next hand she open raises UTG to 2000, folded to me in the BB with the black cowboys. Sweet. I'm gonna raise her to 5000 and push any non-ace flop. Good plan. She calls. Flop comes Q-J-5 all diamonds. I don't have enough chips here to do anything but push anyway and so be it if she has a set. I push, she calls with AdKd and you just sat through a bad beat story i think. Have a great day.

No comments: