Monday, June 8, 2009

$2.5K shorthanded

6 handed events are fun. You get to stretch out, and not get elbowed or kicked by the guy next to you. You also get to play way more hands and the intensity level is higher.

My table is good. I don't know anyone and 3 of them are probably internet kids. I make some light 3-bets early on and run my 7500 to about 9K. Near the end of the first level I call a raise in the BB with Q9s and flop top two pair, Qs-9h-6s. I bet, he raises, I push, he calls, and this time the villain doesn't have the set of 6's I fear, but he's got spades and whiffs. Now I have 16k or so and on top of the world. Finally- long ball pays off! Woot!

I hit some more hands- I have AQ, flop come A-A-4 and I get two streets of action. I have 89s, flop an open-ender and knock a guy out when he shoves two pair on the turn when my str8 card comes. Its all good. Today's the day I make the deep run.

Or so I think. I spew a little. Big stack- play more hands, make more raises. Get played back on some and chip down a bit. I call a raise with 86hh in the BB and flop a flush K-9-4 I think. I bet, and the villain shoves about 6500. I snap call and he shows the Ah4s. The board pairs the 4 on the turn. Not a good sign- this increases his outs by a whole bunch, although I should still be a 2-1 favorite. (This guy has already dodged his exit when his JJ beat AK on a A-7-4 flop and he turned a Jack.) If a comes on the river I'm gonna have over 22K I think and be near the chip lead. Boom- 5 of hearts and my knees feel cut off.

Its not that big a deal really- I still have a healthy stack and am playing pretty well. But I don't know if its the 5 days in a row or what, but I'm really tilted. I pick up 6c6d and raise to get 2 callers. Flop comes 3-4-5 all clubs. Its checked around. Turn is the 6s. I don't know if this is a good card or not. If the board pairs I'm good, but otherwise there's a 4 card str8 out there and 3 clubs. One of the blinds fires out 700 and two of us call. The river is the 8c. Not the gin card 7c mind you, but the 8c. The lead bettor fires 1800 or so and I get disgusted and muck. So gross. Got to be one of the prettiest second or third best hands you can have, but worthless at showdown in that spot. I get KK the next hand and raise with no callers. grrrr.

The guy to my left is very aggressive. He's three bet me several times, and at the first break he got 3 streets of value from a flopped set against a player with TPTK. I call a raise with KJ on the button, and he comes along in the SB. I flop top pair on a J-7-4 flop and he bets and I call. I call his escalating bets on the turn and river also and he shows me 44 for a flopped set and most of my chips. What the hell? This is exactly the kind of play that I'm expecting from donks in the main event. Except I'm the one with the flopped set and they call me down 3 times with top pair. Idiot.

Absolutely nothing good happens after that. I fold garbage constantly, building an image to reshove on someone and try to build my stack back. It just doesn't happen though. I misplay my last hand, raising Alan Gohring with KT, flopping K-9-x, and instead of shoving the flop I shove the turn when the 9 pairs. He has the nine, I have no more chips and I'm ready to walk home to Reno now. Just brutal. adsfh9eqwfh9qewu9wevni

No comments: