Thursday, June 5, 2008

$1500 6-handed

OK, psyched for this event. Good thing I pre-registered as they sellout and about 200-400 people get shut out. Joe Sebok is at my table. I get the old Jack-duey in the SB in the first hand, its folded to me, I raise and win.

This is the high water mark of the day I think.

On the second hand there is a raise and two calls. The flop comes K-8-6 and there is a bet, raise, push, fold, call, and the poor bastard who flopped a set of sixes is on the rail to the set of 8's. (The third guy had AK and the sense to get out of the way)

I end up making some late position and button raises with hands like QTo which sometimes get played back at. One guy seems to always have a hand, showing AK several times as well as QQ, KK etc.

I play one hand (very badly) with Sebok-- he raises UTG and I call in the SB with AKo. Flop comes Q-J-x and I check-call and then check-fold the turn. Blech. Not the way to play a tourney where you have such a short chip stack to begin with.

I then play a hand against the heater guy-- I raise in LP with QJ and he calls. Flop comes Q-high monotone and he check-calls twice before firing on the river. I get like 5-1 on his bet and know I'm beat and indeed he tables AQ. Blech.

Now I'm really short and ship it in with KK to be called by 66. Flop comes 7-5-4 and I know I'm toast. Turn is a 3. GG me.

I head over to the Venetian to play the Omaha 8OB $540 they are running. They have over 200 runners, paying 18. Its a gross game, but I like to play it a bit as I'm still learning a lot. Its limit poker, high-low, so having the hands is pretty crucial. I donked up and down for a while eventually busting out around 50th.

Then the Lakers lost.

Tomorrow (with the $5K shootout) will be better. I hope I get a decent table draw....

No comments: