Thursday, June 5, 2008

WSOP 2008

Arrived this evening and checked into my comped sweet suite at the Palazzo. Nice. High floor with good view.

Went to the Rio to get my registration in order. Table 23 Red, Seat 1 for the short handed event tomorrow. Saw that Zak still had chips in the $2K today and was nearing the money. Decided to try a satellite and a $525 started up. Some strange play (big overpushes early) but for the most part everyone was solid. We started with 2000 chips at 25/25 and 20 min levels. No one busted for the first 4 levels. Sick. This turns it into a shovefest. I chip up and down and then knock a guy out who pushes from the button and I call with JJ. Very next hand a guy pushes UTG and its folded to me on the button and I have JJ again. This guys range must be huge, and since he has only 9 BB's he prob just open pushes with his whole range. I think I'm usually ahead here and I call. He has QQ and I miss. Now I'm short. With blinds at 150-300, I post the BB and have 450 left. Yuck. The button goes all in, the SB (who I think is only 19 and has a Millennium Falcon chip protector) tanks and then goes all in. I just go all in blind. I hae QJo, the SB has ATo and the button opened with KQ. Someone the board comes 8x9xT and I make a str8 to triple up. Whoot. We get 5 handed and the kid has a monster stack and he's raising a lot. He raises, I have KQ and push and he calls with AQ and its GG me.

I head over to the tourney that Zak is in and they are hand for hand on the money bubble. I watch this complete donkey call off his last chips with AQo only to lose a raise against a big stack who had open raised with 77. The caller had at least 6-7 BB's left, and it sure looked like he could have folded into the money. I hope the dumbass factor is as high tomorrow.

No comments: