Monday, June 9, 2008

The icing on the cake, redux

No one reads this blog. At least no one comments on it. That's sort of why I post a picture of an attractive, blonde, australian woman with a gun holster on her hip (which perfectly describes my wife) and try to induce at least one snide comment. Oh well.

So a year ago, for you non-readers, I had a Vegas trip that was about as bad as my recent one. Just to be complete, here is how the day went on Saturday, after I busted out of the 2500 NL.

I had set up a credit line at the Venetian last time but haven't used it yet and thought I should. I just wanted to cash a check but again, they give me grief and want me to take a marker. Fine. I end up at the crap table. Amazing. I take $5K and play quarter craps with full odds and cover some numbers. I play for about 30 min and win $125. yes- I WON MONEY PLAYING CRAPS!!

Then I decided to take another shot at the 5-10 game at the Venetian. Its not soft, and I can't tell if its really nitty or only slightly nitty. There is some decent action with $40 preflop raises getting called often and some decent post flop play. I see the flop at least 6 more times with pocket pairs and still no set comes (that's 52 times in a row now for those of you keeping score).

Then this: Laggy utg raises to $40, gets a caller. I have two red Kings and make it $240. Folded to the button who has played less than the average number of hands and he asks me what denomination the purple $500 chips I have are. Ugh. He says he's gonna raise and he makes it another $500. Folded to me. I have very sensitive Ace detectors I think and they are going off. But really, what the fuck- can I lay down Kings preflop in a cash game 300 BB's deep? I don't think so. Should I repop? I think back to my Aaron Kanter hand and how bady l played Kings. I'll call and see what the flop brings. If there is any non-King paint or an Ace I'm done. It comes like 9-3-3 with two hearts. I really don't know what to do now, cause the AA detectors are going off again. Blech. I'm not going to check-fold, so I push, he snapcalls and shows AdAs. I nod. Another heart comes on the turn, just so the poker gods can tease me a little. The river bricks. Snirt stands up.

1 comment:

Rayray said...

Will DEFINITELY comment if you post a pic of Rena in that outfit!