Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The elixer of the gods




Nothing like sipping a little d'Yquem on a Monday night with Rina. While some wines have nuances and characters that require study and patience to understand, this stuff just rocks every single time I get to taste it. And I've never met a soul who didn't "get it" immediately. The house wine of billionaires, I'm fortunate to indulge in a couple 375's a year. If you're out to that fancy dinner and looking over the dessert list, go ahead and spend the $30 for the glass. You may not recall the main course that night, but you will not forget your taste of d'Yquem.

2 comments:

hdhindsa said...

Nice description and nice camera shot...
My curiosity sparked by your description, I found further information on this wine from
the "wine doctor" at this link:
http://www.thewinedoctor.com/bordeaux/yquem.shtml

Rexy said...

yeah baby, absolutely. yum yum