Thursday, June 7, 2007

The 4th raise means Aces.




or so says Phil Gordon. Tonight, playing in a $525 satellite, I raise UTG to 150 (25-50) with KK. UTG+1 makes it 400 and there is a caller. Back to me and I make the third raise to 1200, but I only have another 700 behind so I'm pot committed anyway. Should have just pushed, but UTG+1 pushed for me. The caller tanked and folded, and then I *had* to call his "4th raise" with my lowly KK. He even flopped an Ace to take away what little suspense there was.

I registered for tomorrows event in about 25 seconds. No line at all, right to the window. The room has all these hanging banner ads this year which makes it feel smaller and darker. Weird.

3 comments:

Zak said...

yes pushing was best there. but the hand played itself.

Freeze said...

I'm pretty sure I could have laid the Kings down in a deepstack tourney here. Pretty sure....

Zak said...

sure. i have before. WPT.