Saturday, June 9, 2007

Venetian $1060 deepstack

(includes two of the biggest suckouts ever!!!)

I'm playing pretty tight. This has been a major adjustment since I've been so laggy lately and I think players in general are playing back more. So I want the goods. In the 25-50 level I raise UTG with AA, get no action and show my hand. There are a couple active players, so when I pick up KK at 50-100 and limp UTG I'm really hoping someone will pop the pot. After the 4th limper I'm worried, but this guy who is playing with a magnifier because he has some horrible corneal disease and can't see makes it 600. Sweet. I make it 1600 and he smoothcalls. Flop comes 3 babies and I pot it. He pushes. Uh oh. Well, you need chips to win these things and if he has a set so be it. I call. He has Aces! F-word. Didn't really consider that-- he's supposed to reraise me preflop. I get up from the table, start packing my things and don't even see the King hit the river. OK, the poker gods are going to smile on me a little more today than yesterday. Good.

There is an aggressive Italian guy who keeps raising preflop. I call him in the SB with A6s and the flop comes A-6-8. I check-raise the flop and then check-raise him all in on the J turn. He calls with QJs for a flush draw and misses. I'm up to 30,000 chips.

I get moved and the guy named after the Dave Matthews band is at my table. He raises me in LP and I repop from the BB with QQ. He pushes, I call. He shows A8o. He catches. Meh.

I get moved. First hand at new table. 100-200/25 I get JJ and raise. Guy pushes for 7000! Screams weakness, right? I tank and then call. He has A5s. He misses.

I raise with A7hh and get a caller. I flop the flush draw and when the guy bets into me I put him all in. I miss the flush but catch an ace and bust him.

200/400-25 I have AA UTG again. I raise, two callers. Flop is K-Q-x. I don't like it. I take a long time before I bet out and they both fold quickly.

Folded to me in the SB. I have Jack-duey. I complete, and tell the young kid named Stu in the BB that I have my favorite hand. Flop K-2-2. Nice. Check-check. Turn: Jack. I bet 400, he calls. River: ace. I bet 3000. He raises me to 10,000 and I push. He calls off his chips with a straight to my dueces full of jacks. Jack-duey good. I have about 70,000 and might be the chip leader.

300-600/50 Moved again. Sean Rice at my table. He's pretty short. He plays tight. He goes all-in preflop and I look down at 77. Its about 8000 chips. I don't want to double him up, but I also would like to see him leave the table. I muck. He shows AQ... damn. I would have taken that flip there.

He raises again, I smoothcall with AK. Flop comes K-3-3. He bets, I raise, he folds.

This guy from LA named Rob is good. I decide to make a play at him. Really one of the few plays I make all day. I raise with 34o. He calls. Flop comes T-8-3 and I make a big check-raise and he mucks. He knows I worked him though....

Rice raises again and I reraise with TT. He calls. Flop Q-J-x. He only has 8000 left so I try to buy it. Stupid. He has AQ. Bad play.

I limp with 66. 6 see the flop of 9-6-5 with two spades. One guy bets and I push. Rob pushes. Other guy folds. Rob shows 78o for the flopped straight and the board doesn't pair and I lose about 30,000 chips when I flop a set. Damn.

400-800/75 Solid player raises to 4000, one caller. I have QQ in the BB and don't know what to do, because I sense strength from the first guy. I decide to call and miss the overcards. This is stupid in retrospect. Flop comes 8-9-J all diamonds. I have the Qd. I bet 12K, solid guy pushes and I tank. He must have the Ad, and maybe he has AKd and is already there. Shit. I call. He has Ad Jc and he misses. Sweet. I'm up to 120K or so. As I'm stacking my chips a short stack goes all in and is called by a guy with 50K. I look down at KK and push. 50K guy calls with AK. Shortie has A7. To my dismay, another ace shows up and most of the chips I win with the QQ hand go away. Damn. That would have been ginormous.

600-1200/100

I raise utg with AQss and a shortie next to me pushes. I tank again. I tank alot tonight. Sean Rice doesn't understand why I'm taking so long. I dunno either. I call. He has JTss but a str8 on the board saves him for a split pot.

OK HERE IS THE HAND OF THE NIGHT:

I raise early with AKo and get called by the solid guy from the QQ hand when all diamonds flopped. I have him covered, but he still has a lot of chips. Flop comes 6-8-J and I make a donk c-bet of 4000 which he smoothcalls. Turn is a Ten and I somehow decide that if I bet enough here he will fold. I bet another 12,000. This results in him pushing for another 9500 to me. So, lets see its about 42,000 in the pot and 9500 to call. I figure that at least one of my overcards is good if it hits, and I have a gutshot also. For some reason, a pretty big crowd has gathered around our table. I joke with the dealer and ask him if he is going to be nice to me on the river. This is really a horrible call and a very badly played hand. Uh,,, I call. He flips over 66 for a flopped set. Ugh. OK, I say "Queen" and BOOM- THERE IT IS! The guy I beat ran out of the room so fast. It was just insane. They must have thought I was a witch or something.

After that, nothing really happened. No big hands, no big pots. I went card dead. I would pick up blinds here and there and eventually found my stack getting below average. In the last level (2000-4000/500) I made a couple successful resteals to get my stack to 112,500 at nights end. 31 players left and we are in the money. I'm only one double up away from being in real contention for the $110,000 first prize.

No comments: