Friday, June 29, 2007

More Vegas Ramblings

Played the 6 Max $5K at the Rio. Flopped a set and rivered a boat early but didn't get paid off. Ran up and down until the first break and hovered around 8K chips. Table was pretty aggro. There were several times I floated raises with small pairs and then someone repoped it and I had to fold. Meh. Eventually I raise PF with AKss and get one caller. Flop comes 8s-9h-Js and I bet, get raised and push into a guy holding 9Tss for a pair and the OESFD. I miss. GG me.

On to the $2500 at the Bellagio. I chip up for awhile. I make some pretty good reads. I lay down J9cc on a QT2 board with two diamonds after a player goes all in and gets called. I had odds for the str8, but was afraid of diamonds. Sure enough, Kd comes on the turn and the player with A5d takes the pot. Later I raise to 1000 with AK only to have the action go reraise-call-all-in and I have to fold. Next hand I pick up JJ and get all in against TT and hold up. Later I get AA vs KK and double again. Lots of chips. I raise with AJ and we see a flop 3 ways of A-6-6. Well, i end up doubling up a very tricky player who called my PF raise with 63s. (He previously had limped PF with both AA and KK, so tricky indeed)

I get down to two tables, paying one. I'm a bit below average, and a couple people have huge stacks. I raise with JJ and get a caller. The huge stack then reraises and I decide its time to double or go home. He has AK and sends me home when a King comes. Very frustrating as I was playing well and really should have cashed today.

No comments: