Friday, June 8, 2007

LOL Donkaments!




Hmmm. As far as poker goes I think today was Worst. Day. Ever. Yuck. Started out watching the end of the movie "300" I think this might have affected my play....

$1500 WSOP 6 handed. I'm in seat 3 and seats 4,5,6 are weak-tight donks. Seat 1 is a scandinavian TAG, and seat 2 is a middle-aged (meaning "older than me") LAG. Just when I figure all this out and create my master plan for table domination, I get moved. Meh. New table (30 min into the tourney) and a LP player raises my SB to 250. I repop him to 600 with pocket ducks and he pushes back at me. Yuck. Before I get another chance at him they move me again!. I only started with 3000 chips and now have less than 2000. Sure, the blinds are low, but this tourney is very aggro. There isn't that much room to maneuver. So 45 min into the tourney on my third table I get TT and its like deja vu for when I had the deuces- it gets raised, I repop, the guy pushes. Meh. I hate calling here but I think its 50% a flip, 20-30% I'm screwed, and the rest of the time the guy is just making a play with an underpair and I'm good. This time he has Queens and my WSOP day is over.

So, naturally, I head over to the venetian. I get a cabbie who at a stop light says "you mind if I make an outgoing call" and picks up this diggerie-doo and and starts blowing at it pretty hard. It was cool. At the V I'm an alternate for their $540. I get in about 2 o'clock and its already 100-200. I pick up some chips early and I'm feeling pretty good about things. At the 200-400/25 level a LP raiser makes it 1200 and I repop him to 3500 with 89s. He folds. I make a few plays like this. Sometimes I get played back at of course and I'm hovering around 12K in chips. There are about 500 people in this tourney. Then this happened:

Stacks:
HJ 23K
Hero (button) 12K
BB 14K

Folded to HJ who raises to 1300
Hero calls with K Q
BB starts asking for chip counts, sees that HJ has him covered and just calls.

Flop:

Q75

BB bets 3000
HJ tanks slightly and folds.

Hero???

(insert Jeopardy! theme here)


I pushed, and the BB tanked a looooooong time before calling with AQ. Boo.

Decided that I needed a small bet on cleveland and got 8 points.

Went to the Wynn to sweat Kent, but he was busted out. We both played some NL and nothing good happened.

Cleveland loses by 9.

Back to the Venetian where I donk out of the $130 nightly in about 15 minutes. (my T9 vs K7 vs KT on a 9-T-K-7-x board)

Back to the Rio where I play a $500 sat and the best thing that happens today is that with 5 left we decide on a save and I get my money back!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSS! I won something today!


Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: