Saturday, June 30, 2007

Donkey sighting

So I'm playing the $550 at the Venetian today. My table is so nitty tight. I'm splashing around good, raising preflop, raising C-bets, floating flop bets where i hit bottom pair-- stuff like that. Its working pretty well, although my variance is high. We are at 100-200/25, and this friendly guy in the 1 seat "Chris" from Oklahoma, is lamenting his lack of cards. He seems to be dealt Q2 a lot I guess and he cant play Q2. Well, it gets folded to him on the button and he makes it 800. I joke with him: "So this is the hand, huh?" "Even a blind chicken finds a corn kernel from time to time" I have KK and make it 3000. BB folds and he instacalls. Hmmm. Flop comes Q-T-4 and he throws his 6200 chips in the pot and says "all-in"

Thing is, its MY turn. The dealer shoves his chips back to him. Now what? I don't really like the flop, because QQ and TT are in his range, so I'm only beating JJ, AQ and KQ (??) But if he had a set, would he really be so eager to toss his chips all in like that? I mean, I showed aggression pre-flop, and I'm likely to bet out and he could repop me with a set. I think AA is a big possibility also. Stack sizes being what they are, if I bet 3000 I will call his push. If I check, he will push, and I will call his push.

I push. He calls. He tables AQ. He sucksout with a Q on the turn. I actually got pissed because I asked him what the hell he could have put me on when I put my chips in knowing he was going to call. WHAT DID HE PUT ME ON? JJ ???? He said he thought we would have a chopped pot.... Reality is, he didn't put me on anything. He just saw top pair, top kicker and was throwin all his chips in, doubling up or going back to Oklahoma. Yippie Ki Yay.

No comments: