Friday, June 29, 2007

WSOP $2K NLHE

WSOP $2K NLHE



About 2100 entries. On the 4th hand or so I raise with J8dd and this caveman looking kid calls. Flop comes 7d-9h-5c. Check-check. Turn is Td, giving me the str8 with a flush and str8flush redraw. Nice. He bets out 600 and I make it 1200. He calls. Hmmm. River is Th. He bets 1200. You only start with 4000, so if I raise here we are both basically going to be all-in. I hate the river. Thing is, if I had played with this guy for 30 min more I would have push-raised the river instantly. Without this info I just call and he mucks. Most nitty players have more than top pair there-- he must have had AT, and he likely would have called my push. Oh well. Unfortunately, he becomes the most aggro player at the table and I find that he's won a couple big tourneys at the Bellagio. He's two to my left and floats most of my in position raises which sucks.

I'm up and down a bit. I pick up QQ at 50-100 and there is one limper and i make it 400 and he calls. Flop comes three little and i bet 1000 after he checks which he calls leaving himself only 1200 more(???) Another little card comes and he check-folds to my push. wtf? Must have had AK i guess.

I get AK UTG and raise to 400. One caller and then this patent lawyer makes it 1400. Yuck. I only have about 6000 chips and this is a pretty big raise. I think about pushing, and then I think about all the time I've pushed AK into AA and I just call. Flop misses and I check-fold a quarter of my stack. This hand sucks and I need a better line here. I don't know. Fold PF sucks. Reraise PF kinda sucks. Making the C-bet kinda sucks.



My stack drifts down. Most PF raises are being called or reraised. I catch JTo in EP and raise. Folded to the BB who looks like he's going to muck but then decides to reraise from 600 to 1800. He has me covered as I only have another 2800 or so. I'm not sure what I picked up on him but I instapush and he tanks and mucks. This was my best played hand of the day. There was one other opportunity to make a big raise on a C-bet which was successful. I'm pretty sure that I'm way behind in this area compared to the internet kids out there, but its a part of my game I need to develop more.

Caveman makes an EP raise (which means nothing) and I float him from the BB with A7o. Flop comes A-x-x and I bet 600. He calls. Turn is X, I bet another 600 (wtf i did this i dunno- its idiotic) He calls. River is another baby and we check it down and his A9 is good. Meh.

Right before we get moved I get JJ UTG and raise to 600. Caveman calls. Flop A-2-2. Check-check. Turn 7. I fire 1000 which he calls. River blank. I have about 3500 left. He's made some sick calls, and i think he calls with any ace here, esp with how I've played the hand. He could have a deuce also. I check. Meh. I want a free showdown. Should have just made a blocking bet. He bets 1600. I tank and fold.

New table. Seems friendlier as there is only one big stack just to my left. Everyone else seems to have a starting stack size. Third hand I get AQs in the SB and its folded to me and I complete, hoping the big stack will raise. He obliges and I shove. He calls with 66 and I flop a Q to double up. Nice.

Unfortunately, I suffer the same indignity preflop here as the last table. My raises get called or reraised and there is aggression post-flop that I can't play with. And I'm getting a lot of hands that are troublesome: AT, QJs, KJ, 77 that sort of thing. I pick up 88 and make it 650, the big stack makes it 2000 and I have to decide if this is the moment. If I call, I will have about 3500 left. I don't think that is folding equity per se, but if he misses the flop I should be good. Stop and go it is. But I'm not going to do it if an Ace flops or if two overcards flop. Or so i tell myself. LOL. Flop is Q-high, one overcard and I push. He calls. Damn. He has TT and its GG for me. My stop-n-go might have worked had the flop come A-K-x....

No comments: