Saturday, June 9, 2007

Venetian Day 2

I meet Fu at the Rio and he tells me to "gammbooool" I like it. Chips are good.

First hand, UTG I have KQs and push to take the blinds and antes.
Second hand in the BB it gets folded to a very aggro kid on the button who raised all the time yesterday. I have already decided that I have to play back at him when he raises or he'll just clean my clock. He has me covered of course. So, when he raises and I look down at A5o, I push. Ooops. He has AK and calls. And then the board comes brick-brick-brick-brick-FIVE. LOL. I am the official suckout master. I double up, now have over 200K and am rockin.

Third hand gets folded to me in the SB and I raise with AJo. BB bigstack calls. Flop three babies, check-check. Turn is a Jack and I bet and take it. Poker is easy.

Pretty much nothing happens for awhile. Blinds go to 3000-6000/1000. I'm laying pretty low, taking a few pots here and there. No big hands. One time I make a reraise with JJ and take it preflop. I also find that if I decide that I'm going to raise in late position that its better if I don't look at my cards. Just raise. Look if they look me up. Much more relaxed that way, because I can still look down and be surprised by a monster. (not that this ever happens) Anyway, I think I'm pretty inline, fairly tight compared to the rest of the table and I'm sitting with 225K. Hand before the break I decide to steal and make it 20K to go in MP with 72o. SB ponders, BB calls. Damn. Flop comes Ace-high with two spades, and I decide that I can't put anymore money in this pot. I check behind. Turn is another spade. Now when the BB checks I decide there is just too many chips in there not to take a stab at it and I bet 30K. He calls. Since nothing can realy help me on the river I have to decide what to do when he bets another 30K. Do I shove with my 7-high? That would be pretty sick. I can't do it. I dump 50K on this hand. meh.

Then this happens:

12 left, six-handed. Blinds are 4000-8000/1000. Typical aggro table. Most hands get a raise to 22000-25000 or so. Some get reraised. Rare to see a flop.

Rough guess of stacks:

Aggro UTG: 420K
Hero (button): 200K
SB: 100K
BB: 900K

UTG fumbles with his chips a little and ends up making a min-raise to 16000. I really wasn't sure if he just wanted to call or raise.

Hero has As 3s and calls. (?)
SB completes.
BB checks.

4 to the flop: (pot 70,000)

A h Ks 6s

Checked to hero, who does the most absolute wrong thing and bets about half the pot. Really dumb. I like a push so much better, and even checking and taking a free one might be OK (although if I make the flush my action is killed) The SB pushes over me and I'm still getting 2-1 on my money and call. He has AT, I miss, and now I'm short.

Now I go into a shell. I literally get nothing. I finally open-push a pot with 99 and take it down. The next hand is raised to 25K and then the SB smooth-calls. There is over 60K in the pot, I have about 100K in my stack, and this seems exactly right to squeeze here. I push. Original raiser folds. SB has JJ, and my 67o isn't looking so good. It looks better with the flop comes 8-9-x, but the str8 doesn't get there and I'm done in 12th place. $3590 payoff which kinda sucks, but is better than nothing, especially with the 2-outer, 4-outer, 3-outer I hit along the way.

No comments: